Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mar 13, Sunday

The morning started off quite warm and sunny, without a cloud in the sky.  It looked like the promised rain wasn't to be so I hung washing on the line.  After lunch I was inside and didn't notice the sky clouding over but the incredibly loud crack of thunder got my full attention.  Just as I thought perhaps I should bring in the washing the heavens opened and the rain pelted down.  By the time I scrambled for shoes and the washing basket it was almost too late.  I got drenched to the skin in the couple of short minutes it took to drag the sodden washing off the line!  The temperature dropped by about 10 degrees in an hour and we had good rain for an hour or more.  Late afternoon was dry and the temperature began to creep up again.  By evening the cicadas were so loud that my friend in Germany could hear them while we talked on the phone.  Four seasons in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment