Saturday, April 2, 2011

April 3, Sunday (week)

I've not been on the ball this week, with it being my last week of work and I was in Melbourne the entire week.  The week really dragged on.  I hardly saw any of the weather, getting to the office when it was still dark! 

So this post is a summary of the week as I remember it.  The temperatures have been what we'd expect of Autumn.  No rain, often sunny, but usually just reaching over 20 degrees if that.  It's weather I don't at all mind.

Today, Sunday, is an overcast day.  This morning we lit our wood fire for the first time this year.  Our neighbours had theirs on once that we saw last weekend but we've just used our backup heat source - a portable electric Nobo heater.  But this morning when it was so cool we thought we'd light the fire in the kitchen.  I'll be home in my own bed every night this week so we'll both enjoy having our sitting room cosy every night.  It's nice on a coolish weekend to have warmth right through the house.  We leave the kitchen door open and as we have a couple of stairs up the hallway the heat rises and heads through the house.  Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment